Monday, October 20, 2014

After Senior Year

This entire semester the only question I've heard from professors, elders and relatives is, "What are going to do with your life?"

The question itself is so blunt, but not as blunt as the reality of not knowing what you want or fearing what you won't get to do what you do want.

Many of us will move back home and begin to look for job in career we have prepared ourselves four years for.

The lucky ones will already have jobs lined up and maybe even a down payment on an apartment.

Some of us will get stuck. Some of us will work at a dead end job, so we can save enough money to move out of our parents house.

I want go home and work at a dead end job, but save enough money for a plane ticket so I can volunteer at an elephant reserve in Thailand. I want to blog about being there and write for a traveling magazine called Verge Magazine. I might make a career out of it.

This may be difficult to accomplish, but every time I picture myself being home and working for the rest of my life makes me want to hyperventilate.

Of course my mother is against the idea, but we all need to get out of comfort zones and do something that's not benefiting only to our life, but to someone else's.

We should all want more for our lives and not settle. Settling makes things easier, but not fulfilling.

1 comment:

  1. I feel dizzy just thinking of what I'm going to do after graduation especially because I'm trying to stay in the U.S. and that's hard in itself.
    But I mean at the end of the day, life is no one's but your own, so we should all try to do what makes us happy.

    ReplyDelete