Thursday, October 2, 2014

Being a TA

If you've ever been a teacher's assistant it's either you've had one of the two experiences: you didn't do anything for an easy two credits or your phone is filled with the numbers of confused students.

I am the current TA for web design and at first I didn't do anything besides take down the class notes and give out the attendance. Now, we're actually digging into the material. It's like I'm taking the course all over again without the obligation of doing the projects out of fear of failing.

It was easy.

Now, my phone is filled with the numbers of confused students. Some students have even asked me how to zip a file...Lord help them.

If you've ever been a TA you'd understand the sinking feeling you feel when a student needs your help and you have no idea how to help them.


Or the moment when your grading quizes and you come across an answers that is technically right, but it's not the answer that is on the answer key. You ask yourself, "Should I mark them wrong?"

#TAlife 

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I'm taking graphic design class now, but we don't have TA, maybe I can ask you sometimes????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! I know graphic design is a bit intense, but sadly I am not a graphic design TA.

      Delete